Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the standard, roof-mounted SX4 antenna which does a pretty decent job bringing in the stations. However, I'm wondering if there's anything better, with stronger reception that can be screwed into that antenna mount.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
simple answer is no, Suzuki use a powered antenna with an inbuilt amplifier. the "aerial" thats screwed into the base is just a bit of wire. If the amps not working then adding length isn't going to help.
Plenty of aftermarket powered antennas out there but they do require a bit of fiddling to get them to work as the connectors are propriety. This of course assumes there is power getting to it from the radio.
You can check its actually getting power, mine failed soon after buying the car and I didn't realise until i fitted a new head unit and had no radio reception at all, traced it to a bad connection in the loom at the radio plug itself.
Works great now and have had no issues with it since then.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My antenna broke in half the other day and i cannot find a replacement at all..it is for a Suzuki SX4 2007

Sent from my SM-A700H using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
My antenna broke in half the other day and i cannot find a replacement at all..it is for a Suzuki SX4 2007

Sent from my SM-A700H using Tapatalk
where are you? the local auto parts store here has plenty of screw in replacements if its just the aerial that screws into the base.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts