Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I recently acquired a SX4 Hatchback (used) and the Key less remote only has 2 buttons and what appears to be a tiny light that does not light up. It has open and close but no panic button. Does it have any security function like an alarm? If so, how does it work? When i shut off and lock the car there is a red light blinking in it. Is that the alarm system?

Many thanks in advance.
P.S. This is my first vehicle. :D

QP

·
Registered
389 Posts
The blinking light is the standard imitation security system. It does nothing more than pretend.

The small led on the remote does blink briefly when you use the buttons or if the keyless unlock is being used. Remote lock/unlock just flashes the indicators no horn beep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

The blinking light is the standard imitation security system. It does nothing more than pretend.

The small led on the remote does blink briefly when you use the buttons or if the keyless unlock is being used. Remote lock/unlock just flashes the indicators no horn beep.

Thank you PaulD for the quick response. Now my question is, can I install a regular alarm system on it. Will it in any way interfere with the keyless system and FOB in any way?4

Neida

1 - 3 of 3 Posts