Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! I own a Canadian 2007 SX4 hatch AWD with 230.000KMs. I recently had an engine light pop up and the code was P2A01. After research, I replaced the downstream O2 sensor and filled the tank with premium in case I had a bad fill of gas (recommended by a co-worker). The day after, I drove the car around town for awhile without issue or engine light. But the day after that on my way to work in the morning, the light came on again with a P0138 code. Later that day coming home, the light went out. Then the day after that, on my way home again, the light came on. Last night I took the upstream O2 sensor and soaked it in good gas for afew hours, but that fix didn't last long. Finally, tonight, I hooked the reader up again and got the following codes in this order....

P0171 - system too lean
P2195 - 02 sensor stuck lean (sensor 1)
P0138 - 02 sensor (HO2S) circuit high voltage (sensor 2)
P0171 - system too lean
P0138 - 02 sensor (HO2S) circuit voltage high (sensor 2)

I am not a mechanic and rely heavily on Google and YouTube for guidance, so I do not understand what these codes are telling me. What's the fricking problem here???
Thanks much!
Ti

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
You are fraut with miss information from your friend, google and you tube...

Codes are just a direction not a solution,, switching parts before proper diagnostics will just lead to frustration...

OH! wait, that is what happened...

You need to use a LIVE DATA SCANNER, not a Code reader... Without real information I cannot assist further..

·
Registered
851 Posts
Given the three (four) codes, if it had happened to me, I would be tempted to think that a feed voltage is what is returned on the sense wire...pointing to a problem with the wiring/plug. I would think that even disconnected, there is a high voltage (O2 heater) stray return on the "sense" wire (making it high) and I would go and measure the voltage on that wire at the disconnected O2 sensor plug. , computer side. (since you changed the O2 sensor, I would not suspect it as the culprit) It might give me something to think about....but obviously needing other data before committing to extensive intervention.
NOtice what is labeled as A/F sensor on this diagram is actually shown as O2 sensor #1 in the 1.6 engine diagram.the left one being #2
but if you look at this on page 1A24
they obviously show (5 and 6) both O2 sensors while naming one A/F

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
and soaking an O2 sensor in clean gas? not a good idea at any time. Good way to kill a sensor. Surprisingly enough, they are actually a delicate instrument.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there! I own a Canadian 2007 SX4 hatch AWD with 230.000KMs. I recently had an engine light pop up and the code was P2A01. After research, I replaced the downstream O2 sensor and filled the tank with premium in case I had a bad fill of gas (recommended by a co-worker). The day after, I drove the car around town for awhile without issue or engine light. But the day after that on my way to work in the morning, the light came on again with a P0138 code. Later that day coming home, the light went out. Then the day after that, on my way home again, the light came on. Last night I took the upstream O2 sensor and soaked it in good gas for afew hours, but that fix didn't last long. Finally, tonight, I hooked the reader up again and got the following codes in this order....

P0171 - system too lean
P0138 - 02 sensor (HO2S) circuit high voltage (sensor 2)
P0171 - system too lean
P0138 - 02 sensor (HO2S) circuit voltage high (sensor 2)

I am not a mechanic and rely heavily on Google and YouTube for guidance, so I do not understand what these codes are telling me. What's the fricking problem here???
Thanks much!
Ti
first remove Oxygen sensors, Catalytic, and clean them, you tube have some ways to do it , in my case soap and vinegar did the job , clean the MAF sensor air going to engine, them a sensor on the top of engine Crank Shaft Sensor , my was clogged, them check relay by relay my have a few of them that need replacement.
Previous owner was following code and she spend like 1k changing parts at the end car need only basic cleaning, was on my way to replace Oxygen sensors and after cleaning check engine light reset.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts