Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are trying to design an after production cruise control kit for the new 2007 SX4. I have an SX4 in the shop without cruise and we are armed with schematics from Suzuki. The only problem is Suzuki's schematics are 100% incorrect. I need someone with an SX4 that has cruise control to give me pinout / color of each pin on the two 60 pin ECM connectors under the hood next to the battery. Any takers?????

·
Registered
282 Posts
Since the SX4 is drive by wire I would suspect the only difference between non-cruise and cruise models is the switch. The ECM is the same and there is no extra cruise module or wiring other than the steering wheel switches. This is according to the Suzuki Parts lookup and service manual.

Do you need the terminal numbers and colors for that the cruise switch uses?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx Suzuki Don. I knew that it is drive by wire. I had schematics, I just thought they were wrong, they weren't. Suzuki shows the ECM connectors numbered 1-15 and 16-31 and so on, but in actuality, it is backwards. I have never seen anything like it. I informed Suzuki about it. You are correct about the SX4.. Same ECM and clock spring assembly but no wiring from the clock spring assembly to the ECM. Switch wiring is not present and brake and clutch inputs are not present either. We have a working prototype and we should be in full production swing in a few weeks. Also the non cruise models have a differrent horn pad / air bag so you can't just add switches and wiring. Thanx for the reply :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
are you sure you werent looking at it the wrong way? Suzuki prints their connector pinouts looking from the back of the harness like it is still plugged in, not the other way around

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you look at the connector it is labeled 1 at the left side and 15 on the right side and so on. The pin in the 15 position in connector E01 is Black w/red. Suzuki shows that pin as #1. Very confusing. The print is correct and sometimes you can find yourself questioning whether the printout is from the wire side or the ECm side, but when the plug itself is numbered 1-15 ; 16-31 and so on.... and the printout shows pin 1 as being a certain color and it is in # 15, then there is a problem.

This is an example of the actual connector. Pin 1 on the schematic is actually pin 15 on the connector for E01 and C01

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hurry Up with your Cruise Control ... I need it!!!

Well, I bought my 2007 SX4 5Spd w/o cruise since this basic module was on sale (12K only). Unfortunately the rebate didn't apply to the SX4 with comfort pkg.
During the 3weeks of ownership I noticed more and more how I miss a cruise control. I asked Suzuki if it is possible to install it later but supposely it isn't possible due the fact it is drive-by-wire and the computer couldn't be reprogrammed to allow some aftermarket products.
So if you have a working syste, let me know where I can get it!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Merrik0002 said:
Well, I bought my 2007 SX4 5Spd w/o cruise since this basic module was on sale (12K only).
Were you able to buy one for $12K or did you get a deal because it had 12K miles on it? If that was the price, what part of the country, and which country?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey DudeBoy!

I paid USD11,998+TAX for mine brand new 2007 sx4. We also bought the same day a new 2006 Forenza with automatic for USD10,995+TAX. You find such deals in Vermont ;)
I was told that the dealer had to meet a certain sales-goal in order to get more money from Suzuki Headquarters ...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello Crazcfox, SuzukiTech,

I see U have some pinouts. Can you please tell me where and what to check in my SX4 to see the pinouts for drive by wire?
If there is no other sollution I will go for the one from The CC Shop. But first I wanna check if the wrings are OK.

I belive U do not have another sollution yet.

Thank you,
miocrl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts