Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have already had a quick look to find the info I require, but am struggling.

We have a 2008 sx4 4grip ddis, that is really difficult to start when the weather is cold. Once its been running it starts fine.

I am suspecting the glow plug control module of its associated wiring/fuses.

The problem I have is that I cant locate the glow plug module, or find any fuse/fuse box that controls it.

Any pictures or help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation

Andy.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Hi Andy, welcome to the forum.
It's often a good start to see if any of the glow plugs get battery voltage when you try to start up. The time on will normally depend on the engine temperature so they may not come on at all though. I don't know how difficult the plugs are to excess as I'm only used to old diesels where they are very easy to get at. Normally I would disconnect all the glow plugs electrical connection and test the resistance of each one just to confirm the plug winding is intact and they should work if voltage supplied. Here's a diagram that I would expect not to have changed on your model. Well it's a start, I'll see what other info I can find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I have given up trying to access the control module (Plus it started snowing and I can only work outside).

I have purchased 4 new Bosh Glow plugs for £36.00

I checked all the voltage and continuity at the fuses, so at this time its got to be the module or the plugs or a broken wire that I cant get at.

According to the book, I need to remove the Inlet throttle valve (Worried about messing with that)

Then the EGR Valve (Dont want to mess with that either)

Even if I do brave removing all this, I still dont see how I can get at them. They are not visible, and only god knows how I get a socket on them.

Is it possible that a mechanic could do this within an hour?

I just dont want an 8hr labour bill.. :-(

Should I be getting a garage to do this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts