Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an sx4 08 crossover. Headlight assembly has one bulb each just to the inside of the main headlight bulb. what is it for? Almost looks like a turn signal size bulb. They don't come on and I have not tried to replace them as I have no info on what they do so no size reference either.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
What do you mean, they don't come on?

Have you tried all the settings on the HeadLight switch?

Sounds like daytime driving lights, or parking lights or turn signal lights.

Try all possibilities.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Almost certain this is what Suzuki calls the "position"light (also known as a parking light). It requires a 168 bulb which just plugs into it's socket. This info assumes you are in N America because you didn't post your location!:confused:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have no info on what they do so no size reference either.
In the Owner's manual they are shown on page 9-41 as "Front Parking Light (1)" and listed on page 14-3 as 12V 5W W5W ie 5W wedge type.

The manual in my 08 is under the front passenger seat :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't you just hate that?

:cool:
Sorry I am a stupid American who assumes everybody is from America that speaks English. I do mean USA. North America. Anyway I do not have the owners manual and not sure where to find it. Not the original owner. I have an electronics background and am somewhat familiar with troubleshooting procedures. I have tried all switch positions and nothing turns them on. However I must confess I have not tried replacing them nor have I taken a meter to the circuit. I was just curious as to what they were so I could decide whether to waste my time or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2010 SX4 xover. US model. If they are the same design all you have to do is turn the housing 1/2 counterclockwise, pull out of mounting hole and replace bulb. No need to disconnect the wiring harness. Bulb just pulls out/snaps in. Reverse procedure to reinstall. Just did it today, and had to generate a post because I can't see how to access the front marker lights without removing the whole light pod. Don't think your issue is a fuse: doubt these lights would be on a fuse of their own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts