Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, i own the european version of SX4, 2007, with manual A/C. Few days ago, the A/C stopped cooling the air. I also noticed that the second fan (condenser or sub fan) does not spin when I turn on the A/C. Filled up the A/C gas and the filling machine showed (abnormally) high pressure in the A/C system when A/C was on.

Service manual says:

No cool air comes out (condenser cooling fan motor does not operate)

Fuse blown Check related fuses, and then check for short
circuit to ground.

Wiring or grounding faulty Repair as necessary.

Condenser cooling fan relay faulty Check condenser cooling fan motor relay referring to “A/C System Relay Inspection: Manual Type”.

Condenser cooling fan motor faulty Check condenser cooling fan motor referring to “Condenser Cooling Fan Inspection: Manual Type”.

ECM faulty Check ECM
Already checked the relay and motor, both operate normally when checked independently. Can anyone check if the condenser fan starts immediately after turning the manual A/C switch on? I want to know if this is a bug or a feature in my case. High pressure could damage the system so the gas leak occurred.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Additional info: when I refilled, the A/C cooled again for a day or so. Now the gas is gone again, aparently, so there is obviously a leak. Just wondering if improperly working condenser fan (and consequently too high pressure) is the cause for the leak...

·
Super Moderator
17,571 Posts
A/C systems typically incorporate two pressure safety features. A system combination high / low pressure switch and a fail-safe (one time) fusible blow-out plug on the compressor. That said, too high a pressure to CAUSE a leak really doesn't come into play.

Your leak could be anywhere in the system and the probable cause of all your issues. You need to find and correct that first. ;)

Beyond that, when properly charged, the condensing fan should activate whenever the compressor is engaged / running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts