Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm hoping some of the experts here can help me out: I'm going to look at and potentially purchase an '07 SX4 AWD this weekend with a manual transmission. It seems to be a very good deal, but is a bit of a hike from where I live (just over 3.5 hours). If I do decide to buy it, I was wondering about getting it home. I'd prefer not to have to make a second trip out there if not necessary.

I don't have a functional float anymore, but do have a tow dolly. I've read lots of posts covering the potential of these cars to be flat towed, I just wanted to make sure there would be no issues on a dolly with the AWD system. From my (very limited) understanding of theses awd systems, if I put it in FWD mode, I would think the back wheels will just trail along as they normally would when driving in FWD mode. Am I correct in my assumptions? I'd hate to pooch the drive-train before even getting it home.

While I'm at it, I should ask if there's anything in particular I should look for on these cars.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks kindly for the quick response!

I actually came across that manual in my research, but it still seemed a little ambiguous:

It states that the awd manual can be flat towed, the 2wd can be dolly towed, and that the automatic can't be flat towed, but it doesn't give advice as to whether the manual awd can be dolly towed. On page 8-3 it does show the a dolly and say, "2WD (except 2WD mode of i-AWD), VEHICLES WITH MANUAL TRANSAXLE OR AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE", but it never gives specific advice as to whether this would damage the manual, awd drivetrain like it does with the automatic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts