Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I have 2008 SX4 2.0 Manual.
the rear wheels don't move, even if i put the system in Auto or in Lock.
basically it is all the time front wheel drive.

I did bit of work myself and found out that the there is no signal coming to the connector to the real differential, while in Auto or Lock. So I assume this is a electrical problem and not mechanical. I looked for fuses but all is fine.

did any of you have some electrical problems with the AWD ?
I know the best is to bring to the dealer, but due to working hours it is very difficult for me.

thanks in advance,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot Dudleydo, your link was so helpful.

as it appears, I was checking not the wires which are controlling the 4wd magnetic coupling assembly, but the temperature sensor located on the assembly.

finally it appeared that the electronics was ok.
the problem was the magnetic coupling assembly failure.
I replaced the coupling assembly and it works great.

during all the investigations I have learned this system very well.
so in case someone has problems about the 4wd, contact me. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was not that expensive though.
i was lucky, I found a guy who was selling the coupling assembly only.
he managed somehow to brake the differential and had left the coupling assembly.
all in all was 100 $ :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
same issue

Hey I have an 09 sx4 Mt and i have the same problem... rear tires wont turn as stated earlier i just wanted to know if when you tried putting in in either auto or lock both lights stayed on on the dash, when trying to use the awd feature both auto and lock lights stay on at the same time and will not shut off even if you switch back to 2wd... basically wanting to know if i should start checking electronics of mechanical

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks a lot Dudleydo, your link was so helpful.

as it appears, I was checking not the wires which are controlling the 4wd magnetic coupling assembly, but the temperature sensor located on the assembly.

finally it appeared that the electronics was ok.
the problem was the magnetic coupling assembly failure.
I replaced the coupling assembly and it works great.

during all the investigations I have learned this system very well.
so in case someone has problems about the 4wd, contact me. :)
Hi,
I have Sx4 1.9DDiS 2008. While driving on a highway (about 110km/h) my son switched on 4WD lock (he pushed the switch). I stopped immediately, but both lights green (auto) and also orange (lock) stayed on. Afterwards in the mountains I had checked if the 4WD was functioning, unfortunately not, there was no reaction of rear wheels on slipping of the front ones. You opinion or advice would be appreciated very much. Thanks. Suzdrak

·
Registered
869 Posts
....While driving on a highway (about 110km/h) my son switched on 4WD lock (he pushed the switch)....
First, AWD Lock is supposed to be automatically disabled over 60 km/h and return by itself to AUTO mode. That is part of your user manual. DId you have any other alert before this event? Can you confirm out of any doubts the AWD did work before this event ?
YOu said what happened THEN but what is the condition of the lights NOW ?
However posts above seem to answer your condition.
Fill up your profile or signature with ALL details about car and LOCATION.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I know from the manual that AWD lock is automatically changed to AWD auto when the speed exceeds 60km/h. Unfortunately, he pushed the switch for AWD lock and kept it pushed in that speed of 110km{h. No, before I did not have any alert or problems, AWD worked properly, the car nicely climbed on snowed ways in the mountains. What is the condition of the lights now: When I switch on AWD auto, the green light appears on the dashboard, but as I have written, AWD auto does not work. The green light can be normally switched off. When I keep the switch longer - having green AWD auto - the orange light appears and after approximately 5 seconds the green light appears simultaneously. Both lights cannot be normally switched off, the switch between the seats does not react. To switch off them, I have to turn off the engine. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Many thanks for the pdf. Today I was in a Suzuki service, to make a car diagnostics. DTC are: C1252, U0121 and U0155. They have erased them but when I turned the engine on and switched on the orange light, after several seconds the green one started to light too. Probably the main problem is C1252, the other DTCs can be a consequence. There is a description of C1252 in manual you sent me. Thanks.

·
Registered
869 Posts
C1252....coupling circuit open.....not necessarily the coupler itself....it can be the wiring to the coupler. The coupler can be tested with an ohmmeter....gray and yellow..or contacts 1 and 4 of the coupler should read a low ohm value....probably less than 10 ohms.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts