Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their SX4. The ABS light is staying on & Traction light is flashing. I have tested all 4 wheel sensors and they are all ok now. One had a bad connector which was fixed. We disconnected the battery and after it was reconnected, that's when the flashing traction light started. After driving a short distance to reset it, all the lights went out but within a few seconds came back on again... wondering what to check next ? The battery was tested... it is good.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Leave the battery alone...not a factor.
WHen ABS goes bad, other gimmicks (ESP, traction control..and sometimes AUTO AWD) also are phased out.
YOu "tested" wheel sensors.....how ? I still think it comes from there. Please fill up your profile with more details about car, year, mileage,model, location...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tested the sensors by the method outlined in the service manual... all came back with proper high-low readings. I still believe it could be a sensor but how to prove which one ? Any suggestions for a code reader as the one we have only reads the engine codes.

2008 Suzuki SX4 AWD, 351 000 km and still going !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Similar happened to me years back although a different make. Turned out both brake light bulbs were shot. Changed bulbs all ok. Sounds ridiculous I know, but there can't be a specific alarm for everything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

After testing all the wheel speed sensors with the tester described in the manual we couldn't see a problem with any of the sensors. We bought an Autel MD802 diagnostic tool and it did get readings from all 4 sensors in real time. The Autel was able to see that one sensor in the rear was not reading properly and that it was a sensor issue not a wiring issue. We replaced the Rear wheel Hub and sensor assembly... problems solved. The Autel was ordered from Amazon and worth every penny. Hope this helps someone else out in the future.

2008 Suzuki SX4 AWD, 351 000 km and still going !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts