Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2007 SX4 Crossover is nearing it's 30,000 mile service interval. I called one Suzuki dealership and was quoted $850 for the service. The next dealership quoted me $995. Is this correct? I have never owned a so-called economy car that requires a $1000 service. Looking in the maintenance guide, it appears only a replacement of the spark plugs, oil, air filter and coolant is required. This doesn't really compute to $1000.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My wife's 2007 SX4 Crossover is nearing it's 30,000 mile service interval. I called one Suzuki dealership and was quoted $850 for the service. The next dealership quoted me $995. Is this correct? I have never owned a so-called economy car that requires a $1000 service. Looking in the maintenance guide, it appears only a replacement of the spark plugs, oil, air filter and coolant is required. This doesn't really compute to $1000.
Thats nuts, id do it myself and have fun at the same time.
It would cost me $100, that includes replacing tranny fluid too.

Do it yourself,or go to someone you trust,no dealers,unless you have a warranty claim.:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is kinda what I thought. I did call back that dealership. It sounds like everything that is listed as inspect in the maintenance guide is being treated as replace in their eyes. Thanks for the confirmation!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just did all my own with Amsoil synthetic oils and Prestone antifreeze. Total cost=$50.00 more or less a few $$. Took some floor crawling and a few shop towels, but I enjoyed learning, and now I know exactly what I've got in there.
And I know what was done was done right, and the right stuff was used!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts