Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for an SX4. Locally there are two available, a 2009 (69K miles) and a 2011 (77K miles), both manual hatchbacks. Both appear in similar condition - though the 2011 is a 6-speed vs 5-speed for the 2009.

Any reason I might go for the 2009? It is a bit cheaper (and being sold private-party).

·
Registered
853 Posts
Well..we do not know where you live...that could make a difference. IN my snowy place, 2 more winters mean two more severe exposures to salty road conditions, leading to corrosion and other stresses. I would also make sure the car is equipped with an engine block heater meaning battery and starter have been saved from extreme stress in very cold temperatures.
Since YOU know where you live, see if these considerations are relevant for you.
OF course, I'd like the 6 speed over the 5 speed, and the extra bit of power from the VVT J20B engine over the J20A.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I live in Arizona, but the 2011 spent most of it's life in Colorado, I presume exposed to salt (although dry conditions), but not extreme cold. The 2009 moved to AZ from Pennsylvania at ~20K miles, so it could possibly be in better condition.

The 6-speed and more power would be nicer for sure. Sounds like I'll be basing this mainly on mechanical condition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts