Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - I am sure you will groan at the very idea of a 1.5 automatic - not the most powerful car on the planet, I'll grant - but I do love this car in almost every respect.:)
It's second-hand, imported from Japan (we do this quite commonly in NZ - they are vetted quite strictly before being brought in, and are generally of a very high standard - low kms, etc)
It had 34,500kms=21,000+miles on the clock, and I've done 1500 kms (932 miles) since end Jan.
I am far from being mechanically minded, I'm afraid, and this is the first automatic I have ever owned, or even driven !!!
OK - so I'm hearing this rattle when I accelerate from a stop (e.g. when the lights change), or when acclerating after turning a 90 degree corner. I'm in "D". If I accelerate gently and fairly gradually, I don't hear it.
My brother has tried to reproduce this noise in a variety of ways to trace it, but it only happens as I've described.
Is it the gearbox, do you think? Or just that the engine is straining.... being a bit underpowered?? I am using 91 octane petrol/gas, which is our lowest grade, and the majority of "Japanese imports" as we call these used cars run on this OK. If I tried 95 octane, might this help?
I can/will take it back to the dealer, but would like to sound a bit clued up before I go.
Thanks for any help you can offer this old gal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - will try.

But if so, you have to say it's a bit pathetic if it can't cope with moderate acceleration - I'm not exactly planting my foot when it does that and it's not a particularly large vehicle!

Sigh - I knew I should've got a 2 L.!

But once it gets some speed up, it runs very smoothly and silently - really sweet to drive, and looks so darned smart:).

I really wouldn't swap it for any other car, no matter how peppy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts