Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called a local Suzuki dealer and attempted a conversation with him about SWT products. He did not know what SWT stood for so I told him. Then he had no idea what Suzuki Works Techno was at all. Nevermind they have two cars out there with the same trim as mine.

He finally looks in the catalog and the only items listed are what I have on my car and:

Interior SWT dash trim $217 USD
A pillar SWT $No idea
B pillar SWT $did not ask, already have
stainless exhaust tip $did not ask

The guy obviously did not want to help me so I only asked for the price on the interior trim. That alone took three minutes to pull up. I will attempt to contact another dealer soon and see if they want to be bothered with possibly making a few $$$ from a sale.

Since I do live in the South I may end up needing a male friend to call and get the info I need. You would not believe how bad it is down here when it comes to having a car looked at or wanting to buy parts.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Originally posted by RoseAshe@Feb 23 2005, 04:31 PM
Since I do live in the South I may end up needing a male friend to call and get the info I need. You would not believe how bad it is down here when it comes to having a car looked at or wanting to buy parts.
Oh yeah...we know, we all have Suzukis...its really almost the same all across the board. I bet your dealer sells several other brands...all of which he considers to be more important than Suzuki....my dealer sells Jeep, their service department is full of guys who know and wanna work on Jeeps and Chrysler products, once I had an oil change and they put in the wrong weight oil, next time too much of the wrong weight oil, couldnt even handle properlly rotating the tires...I brought all this to their attention, "oh we use the same oil in all our cars, we didnt know" "the manual sez its got 5 quart capacity"...now if your lucky, I mean extremely lucky, then your dealer only sells Suzukis...and then they have no friggin excusses at all for not knowing thier product! And in my opinion other dealerships really have no excuse either, but thats just the way it is :angry:

BTW some of the guys from AerioStyle have found a good source for SWT for the Aerio, with good prices...I'll try and get you a link or phone number, okay?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, OK.

But I was not talking about the overall clueless mechanics, I meant that being a woman and entering into the arena of car parts in the Southern US is a real frustrating thing to do.

Case in point.

I knew of someone who needed a muffler, her old one was shot to hell and she had to pass inspection. On this particular trip her boyfriend was with her. Time and time again they would walk into a parts store or shop to ask about a muffler for her car and EVERY TIME they would turn the boyfriend to ask questions or to answer her questions. She knew more about cars than he did. Needless to say she is very mad after the third time this happens.

The next place they pull up to she told him that his butt was to stay in the passenger seat and not to move from it for any reason at all. She stormed into the shop, which had this big windows so they could see outside. I kid you not, after she told the guy that she needed a muffler for her car (points at car outside after telling him the make, model and year) the guy came from around the counter, went outside, and started to talk to her boyfriend who was inside the car.

That was almost the first nuclear explosion in the US. To state that she was furious does not even begin to scratch the surface.

I find it hard to believe that I had to explain what an ECU was to a car shop parts guy AND explain what Suzuki Works Techno is to someone who is at a Suzuki dealership. I am going to call a few others in about a month and see what there is out there. Probably just going to tint the windows and wait to find stuff on the 'Net.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Suzuki now has the items listed under the Reno on their main webpage. However, I cannot order the window visor set because it will not install if you have the SWT B pillars. Their front bumper cover is uninspired. The wheels are fugly. I love to have the SWT license plate holder but it is a shame that they chose to make many of the SWT items with carbon fiber EXCEPT the plate holder. WTF?

I guess I will go third party for everything after all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts