Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First time posting on the forum :) About 6 months ago I bought a 2011 Swift Sport z32s and I'm really liking the car.

This being my first car and not having that much driving experience, there are a few things that have me a bit worried.

- When idling the revs drop and rise 100rpm again every 10 seconds or so. At the same time there is a very noticeable "tok" sound. It is not extremely loud, but definitely audible.

- Reluctant gearbox when downshifting. Going back to 2nd, but especially back to 1st, sometimes takes a bit of force. This is at low speeds or after coming to a complete stop. Up shifts are a bit clunky as well. Might be temperature related as it doesn't happen near as often now (summer) compared to when I got the car (winter). When it is really warm/car warmed up no issues with up shifts.

- When disengaging the clutch and shifting up (usually from 1st to 2nd) sometimes I can hear some sound. It is hard to describe but it kind feels like the whole drive train is moving, sounds and feels like something isn't going smooth. I did notice shifting is much better when you give it plenty of revs (3000).

I will be bringing in the car for mandatory checks next month. Is there anything I should tell the mechanics to check in particular?

I will be going to a Mazda dealer (bought the car there and got a 2 year all-in warranty but only if I got all servicing done through them) and previously I got some "we're not sure because it's not a Mazda so we are not entirely sure how the car is supposed to feel" replies so if there is anything out of the ordinary I want to point it out to them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This "TOK" noise ? Is it like a slight tick noise ?.. does the idle go up the second you hear there tick noise. Im thinking of maybe you are hearing a relay switch. Let me give you an e.g.
Im sat in traffic for a while now... my engine engine is heating up because im not moving. After a while i hear a tick and the revs jolt slightly then goes back down. This would be my radiator fan kicking in so its natural for the revs to go up as the engine need to spin the alternator a little more to generator a little more extra power. Do think this is what you are experiencing ??.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts