Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I have to post on this but i'm new to the site and am unsure how to create my own thread.

I have a 2011 Suzuki Swift, I'm an idiot and have neglected it...I have now just realised I have oil sludge. Does anyone know roughly how much it'll cost to repair? Might be a bit different because I'm in Australia but still would love a response.

·
Super Moderator
18,423 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ah thanks so much!

I'm not having any problems, my oil light flicked on so I checked it and found the sludge. I haven't tried anything to flush it, I was wanting to take it to a mechanic, unfortunately I can only change a tyre or wiper blades in my car!
I have no idea what oil was last put in there. That's the thing, I've neglected my poor car (being a FT student and trying to work has it's disadvantages). I always either didn't have the time or money to service her. She hasn't been serviced in 35,000km. I know I've voided the warranty :(

I don't really drive long distances, maybe 1 hour drives one way 2x a week, generally I'm only 20 mins one way. The weather here can range from 0-40degrees Celsius...

·
Super Moderator
18,423 Posts
my oil light flicked on so I checked it and found the sludge
Then I hope that you haven't done any damage to the engine, but THAT light on issue (even flickering) isn't a good thing. :(

Hoping for the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts