Suzuki Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
this happens occasionally, they toss a tanty and get into a bootloop, is it the one that looks like the unit in the attached pic? if it is... if its not, then i'm not sure what to do

this is what I did a while ago before i decided to replace it with something better.

I formatted a 16GB class 10 UHS sd card, downloaded the 3.9 version of the firmware directly from (https://static.garmincdn.com/autoOem...NA/GUPDATE.GCD) and placed it into a folder named "Garmin" on the SD card.
Then inserted the card, powered on the ignition to acc and powered the unit on, pressed the voice command button and placed my finger in the top left of the screen until the "loading software" message appeared and then released the buttons. Waited for a good 5-10 minutes, and sure enough after 1-2 boots after that the unit powered back on to a stable state. once its working, do the next bit.

Now, for those who have working units I suggest the following for good measure:
1. Insert a spare formatted SD card (I think it should be 8GB+ and class 10) and go to the menu to start the 'update' process (which will create an xml file and a Garmin folder on the SD card). The xml file is useful for debugging and any support issues you might have in the future with Garmin/Suzuki.
2. Bring the SD card to a computer and use the Garmin updater tool (Garmin Product Updates for Suzuki) to get the latest firmware on the card. Update the firmware on the unit.
3. Keep that spare SD card in the car somewhere and also keep a copy of the contents of that card on the computer.

This way you'll never have to panic if your unit gets into this state in the middle of a long road trip. You can simply pop in your SD card which is already setup with folders and firmware and get your unit up and running again. Furthermore, you'll never have the situation where you can't access the SD card update function to prep your SD card when the unit is bricked.
Just wanted to say thanks. I had the same issue on a 2015 Suxuki Swift Sport and this resolved it in minutes You have saved me £100 on going to a suzuki dealer. Great post!

·
Registered
13,416 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, for about 4 months I've had the "boot loop" and have been unable to get past downloading Garmin Express for MacBook along with the software identifying the SD card
does anyone have the latest Garmin firmware update link for MacBook?

·
Registered
2 Posts
this happens occasionally, they toss a tanty and get into a bootloop, is it the one that looks like the unit in the attached pic? if it is... if its not, then i'm not sure what to do

this is what I did a while ago before i decided to replace it with something better.

I formatted a 16GB class 10 UHS sd card, downloaded the 3.9 version of the firmware directly from (https://static.garmincdn.com/autoOem...NA/GUPDATE.GCD) and placed it into a folder named "Garmin" on the SD card.
Then inserted the card, powered on the ignition to acc and powered the unit on, pressed the voice command button and placed my finger in the top left of the screen until the "loading software" message appeared and then released the buttons. Waited for a good 5-10 minutes, and sure enough after 1-2 boots after that the unit powered back on to a stable state. once its working, do the next bit.

Now, for those who have working units I suggest the following for good measure:
1. Insert a spare formatted SD card (I think it should be 8GB+ and class 10) and go to the menu to start the 'update' process (which will create an xml file and a Garmin folder on the SD card). The xml file is useful for debugging and any support issues you might have in the future with Garmin/Suzuki.
2. Bring the SD card to a computer and use the Garmin updater tool (Garmin Product Updates) to get the latest firmware on the card. Update the firmware on the unit.
3. Keep that spare SD card in the car somewhere and also keep a copy of the contents of that card on the computer.

This way you'll never have to panic if your unit gets into this state in the middle of a long road trip. You can simply pop in your SD card which is already setup with folders and firmware and get your unit up and running again. Furthermore, you'll never have the situation where you can't access the SD card update function to prep your SD card when the unit is bricked.
Hi have you had any dealing with this type of unit ?
Gadget Automotive design Output device Audio equipment Display device

·
Registered
13,416 Posts
I have had no experience with that version.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts