Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recent brought a 1.3L swift attitude 09 plate, looking at changing a couple things such as adding induction kit and swapping exhaust to a performance one mainly to create a better sound, I’ve just started working in a garage so have all equipment available to fit stuff myself however could people let me know the pros and cons and links to the websites you brought from.
Ideally just looking to increase power a tad but mainly have a nice rumble when driving, nothing to stupid like a straight pipe though, and also any preferences on lowering springs 30-40mm. Also what if I can and if it’s worth fitting a 1.6L swift sport engine.
thanks a lot
Brady

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
first off, whats an "09" plate mean? It may mean something to UK residents, but not to the rest of the world. What year was it Manufactured? Registration year means nothing.
As for fitting a 1.6, good luck, ECU, Wiring loom, appropriate BCM and possibly TCM will all have to be changed. You might be able to swap some of the sensors over but the injectors are different flow rates and I doubt you would get it to run on the 1.3 ECU properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shit yeah forgot this is all round world, yeah 09 is the manufacture year and what half of the year it was made being either first half or second. Thanks for replying back tho, was pretty sure it was a long shot switching engines but thought I’d put it out there in case someone else had attempted

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
best check, it can be critical in some cases. If the car has been sitting for a while in the storage lot it could easily be a 2008 made car, registered in the first half of 2009. My 2013 GV is actually registered in 2014 but was made mid 2013

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
As for power increases, they can be worked up a bit, but it will cost. The rally guys here have a few that are quite amazing to see in action albeit 4WD.

the build concept

And the little thing in action

Biggest thing if altering the exhaust system is to do it after the CAT and O2 sensors so it keeps correct mixture control and you don't end up with strange running and codes galore.

Handling is a bit of a bugbear at least in my 2008, the rear suspension system sucks!!! I'm working on seeing if I can convert it to a dual link or at least a decent adjustable setup like my race car has so I can tune it for decent handling. Front actually behaves quite well in standard trim, tyres and rims have made a big difference, i have slightly fatter feet on it and it actually corners not too bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts