Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
Would just like some advice on a problem I am facing with my Suzuki Swift 05.

A few days ago a squealing sound would emit from my car upon start up. I was advised to have the fan belt checked. When I took it to the shop, they replaced the a/c belt. Took it to work thinking there would be no problem. So, after my 8 hour shift, I started my car and the squealing sound was still there but it was a different kind of squeal. Took it back to the shop and this time they saw a crack on the fan belt and that was replaced. The squealing is still occurring upon starting up my car for a few seconds until the car is warmed up.

I have also noticed after a few days the belts were replaced (maybe just a coincidence) that my a/c is not as cold if I have it at max, feels like it is just on fan, but at lower settings, there is cold air still coming out.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It figures....

If I could give anyone a small bit of advice - it is to find the real cause of a slipping belt and NEVER EVER buy cans of "BELT SLIP SPRAY"

If you compensate for a bad adjustment it will only make matters worse, and these are really very simple machines - that's what I love about them so much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts