Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I`m fairly certain I will be attempting to weld up the front actuator on my 03` tracker.However i stumbled upon a fellow nearby with three 90`s era trackers for sale for parts etc...What components would transfer from a 1.6- to a 2l?What would be involved with swapping the whole front axle?diff assembly with manual hubs into my 03`?What would need to be done to get 4wd operational?Any other tips on parts interchangability?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump...Is it possible to take an older tracker/sidekick complete front axle/housing/etc unit and bolt it into my 2003 tracker?This would give me manual hubs,just would need to verify ratios match front to rear.Whole assembly can be had locally for $100 bucks.

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
90's era covers 10 years and two axles, and if I include 99, I can probably add two more axles - and that is completely ignoring the final drive ratios.

First there are 22 spline (up to 95) & 26 spline (95 onwards) side gears, and then the CV shafts are different lengths - the 99 onward are longer, because the vehicles are wider.

If you can get a complete 95 or later (26 spline) axle, it should swap in, using the left CV shaft from the 03, but you may have issues with the right CV shaft - I've heard of two possible solutions to this - one is to build a "hybrid" axle using the 03 right CV shaft with the CV stub from the earlier axle, the second is to shorten the 03 right CV stub and cut a new grove.

Put the 03 CV axle alongside the early one and look at the section that slides into the diff and the difference should be visible.

The manual hubs should transfer with no issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts