Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 91 1.3 tbi want to remove my 1.3 with the carb and switch them over has anyone one this or have any advise on the wire harness ? I also have the ecu.:eek: thanks!!

·
Banned
329 Posts
I've done it.
Simplest thing to do is swap out the complete wiring harness and ECM; swap in the EFI coil and ignitor; either swap fuel tanks, or run and external high pressure fuel pump; swap in the EFI fuel line from the tank to the engine; either swap the whole engine, or swap the complete EFI intake and all associated components, along with the distributor.
You'll have to do a little changing around of wires in the instrument cluster plugs, to get the wires in the correct places, if you are using the round vent cluster (or you can also swap the complete EFI samurai dash and cluster in). If you have a square vent carbed samurai, you can swap the EFI cluster into the carbed square vent dash.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help! I've got a few searches out for the wire harness. Do you know a good place to look for one? I would think with all the 1.6 swaps there should be a few around! How about a diagram for the harness? Again Thanks!

·
Banned
329 Posts
Thanks for your help! I've got a few searches out for the wire harness. Do you know a good place to look for one? I would think with all the 1.6 swaps there should be a few around! How about a diagram for the harness? Again Thanks!
Oh, I thought you had a complete vehicle. Most people that do the 1.6 swap, do it in an 86-89 carbed samurai. So an EFI harness may be a little hard to find.
Like I said, you also need the EFI coil, EFI ignitor (sits behind the coil), EFI distributor, everything associated with the EFI intake (such as the MAP sensor that mounts on the firewall), a high pressure fuel pump.
Just post a wanted ad for the harness, on every suzuki/geo board that you can find. You could also look on ebay for one.
There should be an EFI wiring harness diagram on .:Suzuki Download Archive:.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks, Yes I also have all the map sensor dizzy, some other sensor in the header that came with the motor. Thanks I will look on the download.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts