Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks/folkesses.
Have a 2021 Swace SZ5 and am getting confused about trying to connect my Android Auto wirelessly, if possible.
It seems strange (& old fashioned!) to connect by cable.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,055 Posts
Android auto is via cable. Connect phone via Bluetooth first, then plug in a good quality cable, not a cheap charging cable
Make sure you have latest version of app on the phone

Reactions: Nitonboy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Android auto is via cable. Connect phone via Bluetooth first, then plug in a good quality cable, not a cheap charging cable
Make sure you have latest version of app on the phone
Thank you. Was hoping that it could have been done wirelessly as there seems to be an 'option' for wireless/wifi?
Does seem a bit archaic.

·
Registered
12,055 Posts
I suspect the head unit wont be wifi compatible, but you can buy expensive adapters.

Reactions: Nitonboy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi folks,
I'm about to buy a Swace "Cool" (base version here in Italy) which comes with cable Android auto and no Navi.
I have a couple of questions.
  • What does il mean "a good quality cable"? Do you have suggestions for one I could buy online?
  • While using the phone's Navi via Android auto, is It possibile to listen to the radio from the car's infotainment?
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
12,055 Posts
The cable is the key, get a good quality data transfer one, not a cheap charging cable. If you get one of Amazon that work, lucky you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, thanks a lot!
You both have no experience regarding my second question?
I would like to be able to listen to the radio while the navi is on (not a strange desire indeed) and I don't understand if this will be possibile...

·
Registered
12,055 Posts
which is the last version of the swace infotainment system? thanks
The one fitted at the factory? Or do you mean the firmware version?

·
Registered
12,055 Posts
Check with the unit manufacturer as it depends on the country as to what unit is fitted, could be bosch, or pioneer in Europe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you know how we can update the infotainment system. Toyota has good updates and instructions. But Suzuki has none.

Hi folks/folkesses.
Have a 2021 Swace SZ5 and am getting confused about trying to connect my Android Auto wirelessly, if possible.
It seems strange (& old fashioned!) to connect by cable.
Thanks in advance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts