Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of the people here have probably never heard of the X-90. It is a two seater 4x4 with t tops built on the jimny platform. They were very unpopular when new and so they had a low production number. I may have the opportunity to purchase one here in Canada but have no idea of the collector value. Any ideas?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Actually the X90 shares the first Gen Sidekick/Geo Tracker/Vitara chassis/frame. Just about everything except the body is interchangable - especially in the '96 model year. X-90s were the only SWB Suzuki 4x4s sold with the 4-speed OD Automatic transmission.

If they were Jimny-based, you would see a LOT of Jimnys (which were never imported for retail sales in North America) on the roads. I would LOVE to own a Jimny!

There were roughly 8500 of them imported to North America.

They are a "collector's item" only to the person who really wants one.

That said, they do command a slightly higher price than a similar Sidekick or Geo Tracker for the same model year for nothing more than for the novelty.

I hope that this helps!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That does help. Thanks. I thought it was a jimny chassis because of the solid front axle and the style of the front clip, but the one I looked at might have had an axle swap. Its a pretty cool little toy but not a utility vehicle by any means. More like an off road Miada.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
They were IFS as stock so if its got a solid front axle then its a conversion. I wouldn't buy it without a test drive, there is a lot that can be messed up if its not done correctly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thans for the info. The one I might buy isn't the one I looked at. I found a picture online of the undercarrage of one and it had a solid axle. I haven't actually seen the one for sale yet. A friend from another province told me about one she seen that is coming up for sale soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts