Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leveraging the Personalized Styling Trend, Suzuki Enables U.S. Auto Enthusiasts to Create Their Own Style
American Suzuki Motor Corporation

BREA, Calif., Oct. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Taking its cue from the popularity of
the personalized automotive styling trend, American Suzuki Motor Corporation
(ASMC) announces "Suzuki Works Techno" (SWT) vehicle styling packages,
designed to enhance and personalize Suzuki cars and SUVs sold in the United
States.
Arriving at dealerships in November, limited-production SWT packages for
the new Suzuki Reno, the anticipated five-door car slated to hit showrooms
this fall, are the first in a series of product enhancements prompted by
significant dealer and customer interest and demand. The Suzuki Reno SWT
package is geared toward Generations X and Y and will be followed by high-
style SWT trim packages for the Aerio five-door sedan, Aerio SX five-door
crossover, Forenza premium compact sedan and Forenza Wagon.
"SWT personalized styling packages are a big hit in Japan with Suzuki
enthusiasts looking to express their automotive individuality,"
said Gary
Sherfey, accessories sales and marketing manager, ASMC.

"Now, Suzuki owners
in the U.S. can use SWT products to stylize their cars and create their own
unique look."
Popular in the Japanese market since December 2001, the SWT trim packages
will be available in the U.S. for the first time. The Suzuki Reno SWT
"Street" package features:

* Mid-mount Rear Spoiler -- Sporty and stylish spoiler straight from the
auto show circuit

* Carbon Fiber -- Genuine carbon fiber enhancements to vehicle B pillars
complete with SWT logos

* Carbon Fiber-Styled Graphics -- Creates a "street tuner" look

* Rear Bumper Protector -- Assists in avoiding bumper paint damage when
accessing personal gear in the trunk

* Trunk Gear Net -- Secures equipment

* SWT Imprinted 64 MB Key Fob Flash Drive -- An added bonus to avoid
carrying notebooks and paperwork -- great for sharing computer files,
too

In addition to the standard SWT package that can be easily and quickly
installed by dealers, enthusiasts can select from other SWT options and add-
ons:

* Chrome Alloy Wheels -- Also available for the Reno, Forenza, Forenza
Wagon and Aerio

* Gunmetal Gray Alloy Wheels -- Also available for the Reno, Forenza,
Forenza Wagon and Aerio

* Carbon Fiber Dash and Console Trim -- On Reno, Forenza and Forenza
Wagon

* Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips -- On Various Models

Additional products are in development and will be available via American
Suzuki dealerships throughout 2005. New products are being developed in
conjunction with new models and will be launched with the new vehicles.
Most packages will have slight variations from car to car and future plans
call for distinct model-year packages to ensure maximum consumer appeal.
"We're in a new era of automotive customization and personalization as
buyers want to drive a car as unique as they are," said Ed Craig, automotive
accessory development manager, ASMC. "These high-style packages are appealing
to trendsetters and car enthusiasts alike."
In addition to the packages, Suzuki will offer SWT apparel and promotional
items including, hats, mugs, key fobs and polo, camp and t-shirts.
With eight different body styles -- six cars and two SUVs -- Suzuki's 2005
model-year lineup offers unusually high levels of features and amenities for
the money. Plus, every vehicle in the line is covered by America's #1
Warranty, Suzuki's industry-leading, 100,000-mile, fully transferable, zero-
deductible powertrain limited warranty.
For 2005, the stylish five-door Reno and European-designed Forenza Wagon
are the third and fourth in a series of nine new vehicles Suzuki is
introducing to triple its sales to 200,000 vehicles by 2007. The diverse
Suzuki product line includes the luxurious Verona midsize sedan, premium
compact Forenza and sporty Aerio sedan and SX models, combined with two-or
four-wheel drive versions of the Grand Vitara and XL-7 SUVs.

Article Source

·
Registered
197 Posts
Here's the Aerio SWT Concept, courtesy of Aeriostyle.com

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would look great in glossy black, with a gray stripe on the side. I'm not diggin' the blue as much - but then that's a matter of personal taste.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Same here...blue doesn't work for me, but then again - this is a concept version.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think that it's great news. It sounds like the big "S" is finally taking notice of the world around them. Now time for some performance parts rather than just aesthetics. Never the less...it's an awesome start. Way to go Suzuki!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really like the idea that they are extending it to GM Daewoo product such as the Reno as well. I was worried there would be a sort of "divide" in the lineup, but Suzuki America is integrating them well.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Oct 21 2004, 10:49 AM
I really like the idea that they are extending it to GM Daewoo product such as the Reno as well. I was worried there would be a sort of "divide" in the lineup, but Suzuki America is integrating them well.
I was thinking about that too a while back. Yet, like you said it seems as though all models will benefit from this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
are their any plans to release a SWT kit for the Verona??? it would be really nice to get a kit for the car, and some CF parts wouldnt hurt either :).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My understanding is that the Verona is more of a "luxury" car for Suzuki, and not the sporty type. But with the Epica, you'd think there would be enough incentive (with a few well-sent e-mails) for some aftermarket dash kit makers to do a carbon fiber overlay kit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
From what I've heard though, the Verona SWT has a 70% chance of happening. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

·
Registered
187 Posts
The Verona/Epica/Magnus has alot of parts available in Korea already. These are mostly OEM parts (KDM only) that come as parts of model packages on the Magnus and Eagle in Korea. Go take a look at the Korean GM-Daewoo website to see what I am talking about. A Verona owner may find something useful there.

GM Daewoo Korea

As far as keeping abreast with the latest from SWT, click below.

American Suzuki Media Page

·
Registered
501 Posts
dang. Hey i got a question. Stupid maybe yet ill ask. I own a Completey stock 2004 forenza and i wana have a swt package on it? can it be done. OH yes to all The suzuki fans. Supercharger and intake is out. U will find the super charger on ebay. just type in suzuki forenza :clap:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I know you guys will jump all over me most probably, but I actually do know a guy you works for Suzuki USA and is quite high up in the corprate ladder. I will see if there is anything I can find out from him on the SWT program besides what is known. Hopefully there are some performace parts along the way. I will also get the prices for any SWT parts available as I need to get my car's first oil change. And if your curious I drive a 2005 Reno with almost 4,000 milies and I got it in December. I know there are a lot of milies for such a new car, but you can thank my work for that one as I seem to be sent out to places that are 25 miles plus one way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Those miles are nothing. :p I bought my 2005 Reno the middle of January with 32 miles and have almost 6K on the odometer.

Would appreciate that info, dealing with the locals is a frustrating experience.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Originally posted by RoseAshe@Mar 18 2005, 05:59 AM
Those miles are nothing. :p I bought my 2005 Reno the middle of January with 32 miles and have almost 6K on the odometer.

Would appreciate that info, dealing with the locals is a frustrating experience.
Amen to that! :rolleyes: I went to a dealer right up the street from me ( I have about 3 dealers in a 30 mile radius) and the salesman didn't even know what I was talking about when the word "SWT" spilled from my mouth! I was shocked and I asked him "Well what the hell are you guys doing around here? Don't you want to sell some cars?" He was like well...sure what do you currently drive? I was like I drive the green Forenza that I drove up here in numb nut! I told him I would check back later to see if they learned how to put a brochure in a customers hand when he walks in the door! Dealers (for the most part) are idiots who really don't care about the cars they sale. Kinda frustrating!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Originally posted by Tim04@Mar 18 2005, 10:21 AM
Amen to that! :rolleyes: I went to a dealer right up the street from me ( I have about 3 dealers in a 30 mile radius) and the salesman didn't even know what I was talking about when the word "SWT" spilled from my mouth! I was shocked and I asked him "Well what the hell are you guys doing around here? Don't you want to sell some cars?" He was like well...sure what do you currently drive? I was like I drive the green Forenza that I drove up here in numb nut! I told him I would check back later to see if they learned how to put a brochure in a customers hand when he walks in the door! Dealers (for the most part) are idiots who really don't care about the cars they sale. Kinda frustrating!
lol

I should be able to talk to the person I know next wesnday, so I should be able to get some stuff coming in. And I hope when I goto the dealership (there are also 3 for me in a 30 mile radius, lucky there is one in my own city) they know what I am talking about.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
The prices listed there are a tad high, but if they include installion then I be jumping on them and be getting at least three items. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts