Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gud day my fellow suzuki owners. I have a suzuki vitara jlx 1997 & it has a problem in cold start. The engine stall if u remove your foot in gas pedal & the check engine is blinking. In 10 to 15 mins it will turn ok but the check engine is blinking whem you rev it. Can someone help me or at least an advice. Tnx & have a nice day

·
Administrator
17,750 Posts
Start with what is the check engine light telling you - we also need to know more about that 1997 JLX, what engine does it have in it?

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
12,503 Posts
A flashing CEL usually indicated a cylinder miss fire event, but check the codes and report back..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Code is 3 & 4. Maf sensor. But the sensor is ok. Already check iacv,tps,fuelpump,& all possible problem i know .but still the same . Hard strating in cold start. Engine stall when i remove my feet in gas pedal. My rig is suzuki vitara jlx 1997, 1.6 valve automatic transmission.

·
Administrator
17,750 Posts
Code is 3 & 4. Maf sensor. But the sensor is ok. Already check iacv,tps,fuelpump,& all possible problem i know .but still the same . Hard strating in cold start. Engine stall when i remove my feet in gas pedal. My rig is suzuki vitara jlx 1997, 1.6 valve automatic transmission.
This is what a code 34 means

- MAF Signal Low
- MAF faulty or bad power or signal connection

First - a code does not mean a sensor is defective, the code tells you what the ECU is seeing - your ECU is reporting that the voltages from the MAF sensor are low, either the MAF sensor is faulty, or there is a bad connection.

Theu say check the electrical in the ignition system . Can you help me where i can start looking for the trouble. Tnx
Who is "they" that are telling you to check the electrical? Ask them to tell you what to check. My suggestion would be to check where the ECU is telling you to check - the MAF sensor and it's related wiring.

MAF sensor faults on the OBD1 systems will usually make the vehicle run excessively rich.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts