Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just after some advice on a Vitara 2016 reg. I have recently purchased the car but I have observed repeated problems with the radar brake deactivating when it rains. The dealership are "trying" to rectify the problem but so far no solution has been made. They have replaced a faulty rain sensor and recalibrated the senor but none of these have helped. I have read up on problems on the 2015 model but I would like some advice. Has anyone enclouded the problem and/ or got a solution from the dealership? I am debating whether to cut my losses and buy a different car- or hold out for a possible solution! Thanks again.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I haven’t had problems with the Vitara but my BMW used to deactivate if the screen got dirty. Easily resolved with a wash/wipe but I’m guessing the dealer would look at that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2017 DDIs Alldrive has exactly the same issues.
The local dealership are aware of the problem and apparently Suzuki have discovered an issue with the radar sensor, i'm told by the dealership its a "design issue" so Suzuki are "re-engineering" a new sensor to replace the existing ones.
My car is quite extreme as sometimes the cruise works but won't auto brake or do adaptive so it'll just run you into the back of the nearest truck. I've nearly come off worst a couple of times so I no longer use cruise control!

Local garage told me they have 9 cars awaiting back ordered sensors and currently have no ETA as to when they will be available!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts