Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki Vitara 2016 1.6 VVT Allgrip Pack (France)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a problem with a water leak on my Vitara, which seems to be coming from the sunroof. The water ends up inside the car through the dome light (where is the sunroof commands), fortunately in small quantities.

I am trying to determine first if it is not a problem of clogged drains.

I noticed that there was a channel between the two parts of the sunroof, which guides the water to the sides. Then we see what appears to be the entrance to the drain.

Could someone confirm that? I'd rather be sure before pouring water in!

On the following photos you can see:

1. The channel which leads the water to the sides.

2. The presumed entry of the drain.

3. Have I surrounded what appears to be the inner shell? It is certainly through this shell that the water circulates to the ceiling, but I do not quite understand how.

Thank you for your help !

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
there should be 4 drain tubes, one in each corner running down the pillars to exit in behind the inner guard liners.

i had spiders decide to nest in mine and that created some issues.
I had to remove the glass to get access to the drains, but a bole with a nozzle on it helped force water down the pipes to remove the little 8 legged engineers.
Its unusual for the sunroof to leak, might be an idea to check the glass alignment too

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you're right, but there is a part of the sunroof that prevents me from seeing the drain. I think that the notch that I showed allows the water to pass under the part towards the drain.

For information, I copied this post on the right section (4 gn).

·
Registered
335 Posts
Its unusual for the sunroof to leak, might be an idea to check the glass alignment too
Buy a Land Rover - it’s mandatory for them to leak.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Buy a Land Rover - it’s mandatory for them to leak.
And break down every time you drive them. Why they designed one of them with the timing belt down the firewall end if the engine astounded me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello,

Really no one has water dripping from the ceiling light? I took it to the garage, they tell me the drains are ok...

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Hello,

Really no one has water dripping from the ceiling light? I took it to the garage, they tell me the drains are ok...
Then check other obvious things, like door seals leaking into hood lining, leaking radio aerial etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts