Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ive been having issues with my suzuki vitara, m16a engine made in hungary.
And in my country im not the only one having this issue. My engine tend to cut off if im to leave it idling for a solid 30-45 minute while waiting. Ive replace cam and crank sensor. Not sure what else to check. Fuel pump? Oil control valve ? Throttlr body?

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,239 Posts
Does it seem to be heat related..

Reactions: Jlai8009

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also to add, after idling between 20 to 40 minute leaving the engine and ac on waiting in the car, when i shift to reverse or drive rpm will fluctuate and eventually cut off

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,239 Posts
My first suggestion would be to monitor the charge on the battery after the idle and A/C on..

·
Registered
481 Posts
Why do you leave the engine idling for so long ? Much better for it to be driven.

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
Why do you leave the engine idling for so long ?
Sometimes we're forced to do things that might appear odd to others - in previous years I would take my wife to the doctor and sit in the doctor's waiting room, now, because of the pandemic, that's no longer an option, only patients are allowed into the facility, this morning I sat in the car outside the doctor's office for maybe 90 minutes, engine idling, air conditioner on.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Sometimes we're forced to do things that might appear odd to others - in previous years I would take my wife to the doctor and sit in the doctor's waiting room, now, because of the pandemic, that's no longer an option, only patients are allowed into the facility, this morning I sat in the car outside the doctor's office for maybe 90 minutes, engine idling, air conditioner on.
I guess we’re not subjected to extreme heat in the UK despite our preoccupation with all things weather related. Even so, I usually find somewhere else to take refuge while waiting for the missus rather than leave the engine running - GBP6 per gallon also influences that decision !

Reactions: Ticking_Fox
1 - 7 of 7 Posts