Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have suzuki sx4 08 model recently get overheated.my friend fix it by changing head gasket due the water mix with the engine oil.but after changing the water still mix in the oil and my reservour water tank keeps water run out when the engine is cool down.we replace again the gasket and sanding the head but still the problem insist.pls help out

·
Registered
838 Posts
Cracked head or cracked cylinder block is not excluded...but where do you live? Depending on location, engine might be a 1.6, 2.0, diesel..... Add these details in your profile or signature so we do not ask each time you come on this forum.
ALso...why/when did it overheat? The coolant fluid loss could have happened without noticing before it actually overheated....so overheating might be a consequence instead of the cause...

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
did you check the block and head for straightness correctly? they do warp when overheated and just sanding it won't fix it 90% of the time. Proper measurement and machining will be required.

The head also needs to be pressure tested for cracks, and a the block will require checking as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suzuki sx4 sedan 2008 1.6 auto

I have suzuki sx4 08 model recently get overheated.my friend fix it by changing head gasket due the water mix with the engine oil.but after changing the water still mix in the oil and my reservour water tank keeps water run out when the engine is cool down.we replace again the gasket and sanding the head but still the problem insist.pls help out.sorry not to mentioned suzuki sx4 1.6 auto.imeen also for sanding is i bring the head on machineshop for skimming straightening of cylinder head but still got problem.im from brunei

1 - 4 of 4 Posts