Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Hi All
UK based - Enjoying my S Cross which is a great little car to be fair but.....
Has anyone got a fix for ‘Hill Hold Disabled’ problem. It’s still under warranty so will go back but just after some advice on what is the problem? Is it micro switch adjustment or something?
Would love to get a fix.
Thanks View attachment 95118 View attachment 95118
it could be a multitude of things from a switch adjustment to a faulty ABS unit. As its under warranty let the suzuki dealer sort it but ask for a report when they have fixed the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the prompt response. Good advice regarding the report. When people put their name to safety critical systems such as ABS Sensors and Braking systems generally they take care!!
Interested how the ABS interacts but guess it needs a speed/movement sensor input?

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
it uses the ABS to hold the brakes on until it sees drive torque then releases them, how else do the brakes stay on when you take your foot off the pedal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Back to the dealer then and a diagnostic check. Would it show a fault thro an OBD reader?
Makes total sense the ABS holds the brake pressure on. Hopefully not an ABS unit! That’d be a worry at this mileage.
Will request the report and downloaded fault codes for peace of mind. Suzuki are usually very good in my experience.
Will post the outcome.....
Thanks again.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
it could be as simple as the brake switch not being adjusted properly. Either way, leave it to Suzuki and i will be interested in what they find.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Just for your info, way back in history Studebaker had a "hill holder" ....and the device was quite simple then.....
see this

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Yeah, seen those old manual systems, right pain in the posterior if you ever hit the brakes going uphill into a corner and they stayed on until you tapped the clutch again to release them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well we have been told that it's the way we are driving setting it off.....
Were told were riding our pedals as in the same way the gear change notification don't display if you hover over the clutch???

By the way it only comes on when my wife drives!!!!!

Any updates on this as it's a old post.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk
This is so funny! Because it comes only when my wife drives also! And we discussed about the reasons for that and what we figured out is:
My wife are using both of her legs for driving- left for the breaking and the right leg for the gas. So probably when the car is recognizes even very slight touch on the break but the speed of the car is raising, you get that warning!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts