Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SX4 has been idle for a long period of time My keyless entry no longer works and I cant open the front doors only from the inside I do have the manual key but not sure what that does or where do I go from here to get the car going now I have re charged the battery and that made no difference

·
Registered
388 Posts
You've charged the car battery, what's the battery in the key fob like? When you try the remote lock/unlock buttons does anything happen? Does the small led on the fob light up even if nothing else happens? If that battery is flat keyless entry won't work either.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can still turn the ignition on manually with that keyless entry key. Just pull out the key and put inside ignition. Then just manually self lock the doors from the inside when ever you leave your car for now.

I'm guessing you replaced the battery inside the keyless case? If so... your only option is to purchase an entire new keyless entry key, or you should of had a spare, or see an auto electrician. They may charge you to re-program it as well at the dealer. When i bought my Sx4 they gave me a set of 2 key units. 1 keyless and one spare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts