Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki SX4 Crossover 2013/ AKK416/ 1.6L M16A engine/ Transmission:CVT:2WD/ Europe (Hungary)/ LHD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I'm new here so I'm sorry if the post is not in the correct forum.
I own a Suzuki SX4 Crossover 2013. LHD.

I put 4 'OSRAM Ledriving PY21W Amber' instead of the regular PY21W incandescent halogen bulbs.
All the 4 LED work great - but hyperflash when using the turn-signal stick (not the hazard button).
I don't want to connect 4 resistors (1 on each 1 LED circuit) because it will miss the low consumption idea of LED compared to halogen bulbs.
Moreover, i want the wires that goes to the turn-signal housing to be without any noticeable modifications (i dont want my car to fail the licensing test in my country).

On the internet, i came across the "LED Friendly Relay" thing that can fix the hyperflash issue without a noticable change (no one checks the relay on the licensing test in my country).
i couldn't find the turn-signal relay location beneath the steering wheel. Neither near the dashboard fuse box.
before buying a new LED relay, i want to find the original one so i can compare them. There are kinds of relay with 3, 4, 5, 8 (etc.) connectors on it.
Does anyone know the location or the part number of the original relay (so i can check it online and order the same for LED)?
Or maybe knows the what LED Friendly relay fits?

Thank you.

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Which model sx4? They are different around the world,.
Fit resistors, the only advantage to the leds is brightness. Power saving won't be noticeable in fuel economy or anything else in the car. 42 watts intermittently used is minuscule in terms of power thats about 3 amps pulsed at 80 times a minute. Your injectors, fuel pump and ignition system draw about 35 amps. And are running all the time. The false sense of saving isn't worth the hassle.

If your licencing test is that tough, will you be allowed to use led lamps? Its easy to tell them from incandescents and they are an instant fail here if not factory fitted, especially head and tail lamps.

·
Registered
Suzuki SX4 Crossover 2013/ AKK416/ 1.6L M16A engine/ Transmission:CVT:2WD/ Europe (Hungary)/ LHD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which model sx4? They are different around the world,.
Fit resistors, the only advantage to the leds is brightness. Power saving won't be noticeable in fuel economy or anything else in the car. 42 watts intermittently used is minuscule in terms of power thats about 3 amps pulsed at 80 times a minute. Your injectors, fuel pump and ignition system draw about 35 amps. And are running all the time. The false sense of saving isn't worth the hassle.

If your licencing test is that tough, will you be allowed to use led lamps? Its easy to tell them from incandescents and they are an instant fail here if not factory fitted, especially head and tail lamps.
Thank you for your answer.
My model is also written below my name.
It is a Suzuki SX4 Crossover 2013/ AKK416/ 1.6L M16A engine/ Transmission:CVT:2WD/ Europe (Hungary)/ LHD.

In licensing test, the tester checks that all turn-signal lights work. He doesn't check if it is incandescents bulbs or LED bulbs but he does open the hood and may look around to see if there are any modifications inside. This is why i prefer a "clean" installation inside the hood without resistors on the wire line and just replace the relay that is located somewhere inside the lower dashboard beneath the steering wheel. If the turn-signal will flash at normal speed and there are no visible modifications (although the visible LED bulbs inside the housing), it will pass the test. The tester is not so tough.

The turn-signal LED lights glare and brightness are ok like the halogen bulbs. They are not too bright compared to the incandescents. So they not dazzle others and it won't fail the test on that factor.

Just, i couldn't find the turn-signal relay (flasher) to check its kind and order the correct one for LED.
Any help will be appreciated 🙏

1 - 3 of 3 Posts