Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
It is my understanding there is not a CAI for the SX4 with an automatic available to purchase. Road Race Motorsports sells one for manual transmissions. Turbine Tech used to sell a CAI that fit both the auto and man transmission but it looks like it is no longer offered unless they just have a bug on their website. You can contact them to confirm. Their website is Turbine Tech Inc.. If you verify their CAI is no longer offered your best option is to build one yourself.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
There was one, but it was awfully expensive, compared to the K&N Air Cleaner,

which I and many others have used, to get a nice little bump in MPG and performance, at a price way below a CAI.

Even the CAI has an air filter, that will have to be either replaced or cleaned and re-oiled (K&N filter element) at regular intervals.

On other cars besides the SX4, CAI's are way over priced and over rated.

One guy with a car like mine, put on a CAI and then Dyno Tested his car.
He got 110 bhp with the CAI.

I put a K&N Engine Air Cleaner on my own car and went for a Dyno Test.
My little car with only the K&N air cleaner on it, pulled 111.1 bhp.
We've not heard a word out of the other guy, since I posted my results. ;)

So, a CAI might be available for your car, but it's way over-rated. And over priced too.

Happy Motoring!
The Shadow :cool:

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
That's unusual, because most driver DO report a MPG increase and even a bump up in performance.
Your own driving style could also impact that.

But, it's worth the price, just to be the only air filter you'll ever need to buy for your car for its lifetime.

You will need the recharge kit though.

I take mine out and clean and re-oil it every 6k miles. (on every second oil change. (whether it LOOKS dirty or not)

Cheers Mate!
Shadow :cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's unusual, because most driver DO report a MPG increase and even a bump up in performance.
Your own driving style could also impact that.

But, it's worth the price, just to be the only air filter you'll ever need to buy for your car for its lifetime.

You will need the recharge kit though.

I take mine out and clean and re-oil it every 6k miles. (on every second oil change. (whether it LOOKS dirty or not)

Cheers Mate!
Shadow :cool:
yeah I got about 8-10k on mine I'll probably recharge it here soon. I've always heard mixed reviews about the K&N. It does let in more air but also more dirt and debris. But I'll put the stock one back in till I get it cleaned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts