Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,

Having a bit of a stressful situation. being a female driving around in Johannesburg South Africa, it is imperative that I am able to lock my doors.

I recently noticed that my left back door is not locking, when trying to lock the car either from the inside or outside, I can hear the locking mechanism moving, but the door lock itself stays on the red.

Is there a way to fix this? the dealership said it would need to be replaced and they need to order a part which will take 8 weeks minimum. This is not really a great options given the dangers, is there a way to manually lock the door even if I can never use it again?

any help is appreciated!

thanks
Claudette:mellow:

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Appears the rear lock assembly is only sold as a complete unit, even if you could get it apart no spares will be available. It looks like when you pull on the outside door handle it pushes a link bar (blue plastic bit) downwards which in turn presses the metal arm on the lock/catch assembly. If this arm was disconnected at the pin end the outer door handle wouldn't do anything until such time the new lock/catch arrives. It could still be opened from the inside as normal. The door handle may have to be removed to release it from the pin but made sure it's not connected on reassembly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts