Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have been having trouble the last 4 weeks or so with my coolant. The radiator needs to be filled nearly every 3 days or so. It takes about a pint at a time. The resevoir is full and does not seem to be filling the radiator. My garage said they had carried out a pressure test and the head gasket was ok. They replaced the rad cap. They do not seem to know what the problem is. any ideas?

Many thanks Mark.

·
Registered
853 Posts
OK.Saloon is the sedan....but has various engines depending on country....and problems with one type is not necessarily common to others...so come with more details about location, engine type, mileage...so relevant suggestions can come.
However, heater cores happen to leak , but that normally comes with a coolant smell when operating the heater...but maybe you do not need the heater if you live in california or near the arabian desert...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi sorry for delay in replying 1.6 manual. 180k miles. Garage pressure tested again all good. No internal smell but definite external smell after a journey. No internal windscreen fogging. Reservoir at correct level still topping up radiator weekly or more depending on mileage. I did notice a white residue over most components under the hood today. Any ideas. Many thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts