Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends We bought a 2007 model Suzuki Swift 4x4 vehicle. Mileage Speedometer shows wrong in vehicle

For example, while driving at a speed of 90 km, it seems to be going at 30-40 km speed. Shows going with 40km speed when going with 120

The Tachometer of our vehicle and the Temperature and Fuel Indicator are working

We changed the speed sensor on the transmission, but it did not improve.

why might this be the problem?

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Which engine and does it have electric assistance power steering? Manual or automatic?

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
And steering type? Reason I ask is the electric assist steering also uses the same speed sensor and if the sensor is faulty the electrical assist steering usually shows unusual operation.
I am trying to diagnose where to start looking

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Showing me a pic of the steering wheel doesnt tell me much. Do you have a pic of a steering wheel with and exclamation mark show up in yellow on the dash when you turn the key on?
Do you have a power steering pump under the hood?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, this light comes on before starting the car but then it disappears. I do not know the location of the steering pump

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
It has electric assist steering. I will look up my diagnostic procedures when I'm home tomorrow for you, it will require a good scan tool and probably a scope to confirm speed waveform at the steering ecm input, this will then prove whether it's a sender issue or the problem is elsewhere as the same signal is sent to the dash computer via the bcm to supply information to the speedo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much for your interest and interest. I couldn't solve this problem for about 1 year. I would be glad if you help.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Do you have an elm27 based code reader and the torque app? That will give you road speed. If that's reporting ok, then we know the sensor and that part of the signal processing circuit is ok, which narrows down where to look

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ELM 327 based code reader is available. When I check, the speed on the display is the same as the ELM 327 based device.
The speed I get from the torquee application and the speed I get from the speedometer

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Ok, that's good to know, I'll do some digging tomorrow

Reactions: erdinc2052

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
I got trapped away from home, will be home hopefully tomorrow

Reactions: erdinc2052
1 - 14 of 14 Posts