Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

With the launch of the all-new Swift in other markets, we've heard rumors that Suzuki will eventually bring the small hatchback back to North America, and if this concept makes it to production, we'll really be crossing our fingers.

Revealed well ahead of its planned official debut at the upcoming Beijing Auto Show, the Suzuki Swift R Concept takes inspiration from (where else) the GSX-R bikes. It sports an aggressive body kit, big fender flares and some larger and wider tires. To go along with there there's a custom suspension.

No official engine specs have been released, but the Swift R is expected to be powered by a turbocharged 1.4-liter 4-cylinder making around 180-hp. Better yet, this little front-driver hot-hatch is also expected to get a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission – just one of the many ways Suzuki is benefiting from it's tie-up with Volkswagen.

We'll be sure to bring you more on this hot-hatch when we get it, but with the Beijing Auto Show not until April of next year, we'll be waiting a while.

More: Suzuki Swift R Concept Revealed Ahead of Beijing Auto Show on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
643 Posts
I would love that Swift R. Reminds me of my 1994 Swift GT I had with 210k miles on it but it has four doors. Sweeet.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hello, guys. I think that the car looks great and it is again a proof of the great Japanese technology.
I do not know if you have such information, but I read that Suzuki may recall up to 280,000 models worldwide due to some mirror issues. It concerns the Swift mini and three other models.
What do you think?
Suzuki may recall up to 280,000 models worldwide. World cars news. Suzuki auto news
I have a 09 sx4 and my drivers side mirror did this. Screws on bottom came loose. I let it go for about two weeks and finally got the time to look at it. I just took the cover off the bottom and tightened the screws. The screws were just about all the way out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i seen an actual write up and actual pictures of this and it had a spec board next to it that said it has the m15a engine up'd to 180ps on the same 5 speed manual transmission just to let yous know whoevers curious

jordo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts