Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
just got a new suzuki swift 1.4 and due to it having low ks will take some time to bed in has anybody on the forum done a fuel check to see how many ks they get out off a full tank on the open road sitting around 80 to 100km/h please note this is an auto if so let me know please

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
An up date at this time my suzuki gl has done 1500 ks from full to empty has done around 740km and when the low fuel light has come on 120km to empty seems to get better as it is run in at one stage the average full per 100klm was 4.9l but on average around 5.1 so not to bad gee if this is for my auto what is the manual going to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update

Well things are getting better just done another km check and have now got 777 km on a full tank and 135km when the low fuel light comes on have managed to get an average off 20.1km per liter or 5-5.1 liters off fuel per 100km this was on an average off around 95km per hr and i think after some more run in time it should get better, in theory you should be able to get around 800km per full tank which is ok at this time the swift gl has done 2500kms :)

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
My parents 2010 does about 5.5 per 100 km open road, and 7 ish city depending on traffic, auto and you can tell the difference when dads been driving, the consumption figures go out the window ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok a little up date my suzuki swift GL has now done about 4.5k now showing about 765 to a full tank have been advised by suzuki that when low fuel light comes on there should be about 7l off fuel left,if you dont thrash it you should get about 140km,have actually got up to 130 before it runs out.
Now if any off you have time and im sure you dont want to run out off fuel, i went into a service station to fuel up, now the tanks was almost empty so started filling got up to 40l then 42 then 47.9l, Hey whats going on the spec for nz state that the tank is a 42l tank now i did not over fill it eg right up the input hose, now even if i did it should take maybe another 2 l or less = 44l maybe, i complained to the service station and they gave me a credit but if im wrong will return the credit so if you are really low let us know how much you get in the tank when the filler shuts off Thanks any merry xmas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts