1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
i have a 87 sierra with a blown motor
i have bought an engine from a 90's carby swift engine to replace it
i have swapped the water pump and cam shaft so i can keep all the normal accessories
the problem i am having is that the cam shaft has a lot of end float 10mm
as i don't have a manual for either engine i am not sure if i have missed a spacer or something ??
i am guessing that the dizzy from the swift keep the cam forward but the sierra cam and dizzy has the gear on the end will this stop the end float? or will this give me problems
if any one has a picture of the head showing Assembly or have any ideas as to why it is like this
i thought the front sprocket would stop it moving back
are the swift ans sierra cam wheels different ???
i am using the swift one as it is in heaps better condition
thanks any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jesus, different year and different model! you cant just put in a cam from a different car because it looks better.
Put the origional one back before you blow another engine.make sure you align the cam to tdc of the crank and adjust the rockers aswell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
oii dude i cant use a swift cam in the sierra cuz it will hit the firewall
the engines are both 13b and the old one came from a swift as well
need to convert from east west to north south mounting
you don't know what im talking about

·
Registered
11 Posts
crazysierra said:
hey guys
i have swapped the water pump and cam shaft so i can keep all the normal accessories
as i don't have a manual for either engine i am not sure if i have missed a spacer or something ??
i am guessing that the dizzy from the swift keep the cam forward but the sierra cam and dizzy has the gear on the end will this stop the end float? or will this give me problems
if any one has a picture of the head showing Assembly or have any ideas as to why it is like this
I' m not sure I' ve understand exactly where this dizzy you said comef from, but just a silly question that comes in my mind. Have you placed the gasket on the frond end of the camshaft? If yes, the with of this gasket should be the same for Sierra and swift?
Just a thought......
I have a service manual for Samurai, and one for jimny equipted with M13b engine. The problem is that its size is about 220 Mb ziped. Any ideas of how I can sent it to you? It is a PDF file.

·
Registered
11 Posts
crazysierra said:
hey guys
Ok, I found the way... This is it....

And don't give up, keep trying. I' ve install a Vitara 1.6 engine (G16A) on my Jimny, Keeping the Cilinder head cover, camshaft and all electrical and CPU of Jimny engine (G13B). After some personal work and adjustments it works more than fine. Everything is possible

1 - 6 of 6 Posts