Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I have a Suzuki Swift 2012, It was a Japanese import and someone most of the ECU KIT modules. I ordered a new ECU KIT and replaced everything. The car now turns but will not start. I checked with a diagnostic and nothing seems to be related to the immobilizer. (The car has been sitting for 4-5 years now.) I get many errors but they mostly relate to the fact as we removed many parts from this car (For example the entire Airbag KIT and Radiator Pack)

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,239 Posts
Is the immobilizer light flashing ??

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
List ALL the codes as some may inhibit start..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Key is flashing on the dashboard but it gets no error codes in regards to immobilizer. I will run the report tomorrow and provide all codes. Thank you for the help

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
That flashing light will inhibit the start...

You may not have a code but you may need a diagnostician, not a mechanic...

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
The Key is flashing on the dashboard
The immobilizer is preventing the vehicle from starting - there may not be a code because the system does not see a fault - not seeing a key that is coded to the immobilizer may not be considered a fault.

If the ECU has been replaced, typically the immobilizer and the keys have to programmed into it - has this been done?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello,

Thank you for the reply, keys come with the ECU as I got complete Key and seller confirmed that they all come from the same car.

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
Hello,

Thank you for the reply, keys come with the ECU as I got complete Key and seller confirmed that they all come from the same car.
that may be true, but the immobiliser unit needs to be coded the the engine ECM, ABS controller etc, the keys are not coded to the engine ECM.but to a separate immoboloser module. Depending on the model and market, that may be contained within the BCM or may be a separate unit

Replacing any of the modules requires the other remaining modules to be coded to recognise each other. Engine ECM, BCM, TCM ABS and immobiliser must all be coded to each other for the vehicle to function.

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts