Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a fog lamp kit to be installed in my 2009 suzuki swift i already have the button int the dashboard so i was wondering if my swift has the wiring in place and its just a matter of plug and play if i buy them. I would have to pull off the bumper to check which i don't wan't to do. Please help if you know. Thanks!!!!;):);):);)

·
Super Moderator
12,256 Posts
No personal experience with a 2009 Swift, but it's highly likely that the wiring is there, as it is easier for Suzuki (along with most manufacturers) to use a single harness, pre-wired for the "factory options" - I'm surprised that the switch is actually there, you may (or may not if the switch is there) be missing the relay and fuse.

The last Swift I owned was a '93 and the wiring was there, but no switch, relay or lights - I fitted driving lights (not fogs) and used the factory fog wiring and had to add the switch, relay & fuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks very much for replaying I am planning to go under the vehicle one day to see but i have to ramp so i am going to have to figure out how am gonna do it.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
to access the fog lamps you remove the front bumper, 3 or 4 bolts along the top in front of the radiator, 1 screw at the bumper to wheel arch join in the wheel arch (philips screw from memory) and 3 or 4 bolts under neath the bumper and a few plastic clips as well. that gets the bumper off to work on fog lights or to replace the lamps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to access the fog lamps you remove the front bumper, 3 or 4 bolts along the top in front of the radiator, 1 screw at the bumper to wheel arch join in the wheel arch (philips screw from memory) and 3 or 4 bolts under neath the bumper and a few plastic clips as well. that gets the bumper off to work on fog lights or to replace the lamps.
Thanks much 2013gv

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
thats 1 screw in each wheel arch obviously........I should have said that, and bolt heads are 10mm and a couple of "snap together" clip and slot arrangements hold bumper to wheel guards, its obvious when you try to remove it, all bolts, clips and screws out, then a gentle pull and it all comes off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts