Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a Suzuki swift 2006 3 door and recently I have been having problems with my brakes going extremely soft and needs the pedal to be pushed very low for any braking to happen. This only happens when my ABS kicks in and this happens an excessive amount of times. About a month ago I got my car serviced and bled the brakes and replaced the fluid but on the service the problem didn't happen so the mechanic didn't know what the problem was. I had since taken it back and he has re-bled the brakes again and it was working fine. The problem Has started happening again but it is intermittent and the brakes will go soft about 50% of the time that the ABS goes off. Does anybody know what is causing the excessive ABS and the low pedal fault?

·
Registered
3 Posts
very similar here

When I push the brakes normally, nothing happens; only when I push harder and deeper car stops. I had it once in November 2016. Rear brakes were completely (pads + pumps) replaced and adjusted, brake fluid too and bleeding > pedal travel ok.
Now, since 7 Jan (last Saturday), I have the same problem again. I took off with the car and felt it immediately the first time I had to brake. No response until I push pedal deeper. When I push pedal several times after another, then pressure is ok but I have to do every time.
Did you get it solved?

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,249 Posts
If you are not loosing fluid, first bleed and pressure test the MC, if no resolution, replace the MC.

...Philip

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,249 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
does the brake pedal fall lower when you are trying to brake?

master cylinder or brake booster/vacuum or even slave cylinder problems will usually be consistent . most problems i have seen with the rs swift have been with the abs actuator itself , and usually inconsistant problems that dont even show up on a scanner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
does the brake pedal fall lower when you are trying to brake?

master cylinder or brake booster/vacuum or even slave cylinder problems will usually be consistent . most problems i have seen with the rs swift have been with the abs actuator itself , and usually inconsistant problems that dont even show up on a scanner.
Is there a way to test whether the issue is abs or not before replacing the module? As in is there a way to turn off the abs so I could test the brakes with no abs? Got a m13a swift btw 2007.

·
Registered
8,829 Posts
Is there a way to test whether the issue is abs or not before replacing the module? As in is there a way to turn off the abs so I could test the brakes with no abs? Got a m13a swift btw 2007.
unplug ABS fuse, that disables the ABS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts