Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So all off a sudden i noticed the brake light warning in the dashboard suddenly flicker.
It seemed to "lit" if i turned sharply to the left, but then "turned off" or flickered when i accellerated. After awhile it went off, and back to normal. However when i was about to park in the basement of the parking lot, it was lit again. Also came back when i turned off/on ignition.
After a day at work, and back to the car, i turned on the ignition and the light was off.

Fast forward two days, and the light is flickering on and off at different parts of my journey.

Tried pumping the pedal before ignition until it went stiff, and when i turned on ignition it slowly depresses as expected.

Any tips?

I am wondering if it might be the main CPU going bad. As i just had an issue with the engine light, the OBD reported two faults. 1. ABS problem 2. RPM sensor. However after theese were "cleared" they have not come back.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Check the fluid level in the brake resivoir

·
Registered
Celerio City, 2017
79 Posts
Hi nimrod_81 as friction material in your brakes wears down the level in the master cylinder will drop. Why not refill with correct brake fluid and see how things develop.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
12,905 Posts
If the level in the reservoir is low, best to check the condition of the brake pads/shoes (for wear), before topping up the fluid..

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
guess it's a leak if it is on the lower side... It's above minimum level, but way closer to minimum compared to maximum
As Philip has said, check pads first, the level drops as they wear. Top it up by all means, but when replacing pads you will push fluid out the filler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi nimrod_81 as friction material in your brakes wears down the level in the master cylinder will drop. Why not refill with correct brake fluid and see how things develop.
Refilled so far, no concerning sounds from brakes yet. So at least no metal to metal. But it might be on the lower side. When breaking it has felt a bit less smooth, especially at the end of the brake circle. Possibly discs are a bit uneven, since it jerks feels abit sluggish when coming to stop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts