Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I own a 2010 Suzuki Swift 1.5 and I'm having issues with the Power Steering since a couple days ago.

I was driving last Friday on the highway at 110 kph and since it was foggy I turned on the fog lights. When I pushed the button, the lights turned on but the EPS light on the dashboard turned on too:

View attachment 85497

At the same time, obviously, the wheel was hard as hell as if the car didn't had any power steering. I pulled over and turned the engine off and back on after a minute or so. The EPS light was off, but it turned on again as soon as I moved the wheel.

I had to drive all the weekend in that condition, and last Monday I went to a workshop so they could scan it. All they found was a "C1142" failure. He tried to erase the failure but his computer didn't seem to be working properly.
I went the next day to another workshop and the same happened (same issue code and same weird functioning of the pc-scanner). They suggested me to go to an official Suzuki workshop as soon as I can and I will do that, but I'd love to know first if any of you had this same issue and how you managed to solve it.

To summarise, this is the chronology:

• Friday Morning: Changed the tyre pressure to 32 PSI each. (my tyres are 185/60R15)
  • Friday Night: I drove about 30 km and then the EPS light came on after I turned on the fog lights. The wheel became very hard to move, specially at low velocity.
  • Saturday Morning: I changed the battery since it was having major issues and delivering incorrect voltage. The EPS light continued to appear as soon as I moved the wheel.

I read many forums and some people got it fixed after they changed the battery, some of them said it was a wrong tyre pressure. I could be having both here, or maybe the steering engine is already damaged because of the old battery.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on this matter

Thanks and regards

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I also remember reading low battery voltage causing fault codes with the power steering and maybe just the extra load of the fog-lights made it dip too low. Here is what the 2007 workshop manual has to say on that code. Under the code clearance it only showed using the Suzuki scan tool, it may be a case of generic code readers not being able to clear this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts