Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I've got a 2007 auto suzuki swift which has been going strong apart from a rear wheel bearing which was replaced twice and two front shocks. Other then that it's been good until recently.

I've got a vibration which is occurring above 80kph which is coming from the front end. The vibration lasts until about 110kph and only occurs on acceleration, never coasting or deceleration.

After a bit of research I think it might be the drivetrain (cv joint on the drivers side (right hand steering wheel Australia version). I got under the car and there is very slight movement of the drivers side drivetrain when trying to move it up and down.

The vibration has been occurring for several months now. I know it can't be the wheels as I've recently has 4 new tyres put on and the rims are all true.

Any advice that can point me to a problem would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi whoever sees this. I answered my own question and I was right. It was the CV Joint in the front drive shafts. Both sides needed replacement. Apparently the Suzuki around this age will require replacement of these as they are prone to failure after 100,000 kms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts