Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Suzuki recently made the decision to stop production on its low volume XL7 SUV. The vehicle is currently the only Suzuki manufactured in North America.

Suzuki built the three-row, seven-passenger crossover at General Motors' CAMI facility in Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada. The facility will continue to produce GM products on its other lines.

Suzuki continues to have a stake in the CAMI joint-venture and CEO Osamu Suzuki isn't worried that it might be shut down. "The possibility that CAMI would be forced into closure or a production stop is 120 percent impossible," he told Automotive News. "It is a central pillar in the reconstruction plan, so I am not worried about it."

It is unclear if Suzuki has plans to re-start production on its flagship XL7 SUV once the economy rebounds or if Suzuki's interests in the CAMI facility include a new vehicle. Suzuki has announced that it will debut a new mid-sized sedan by the end of this year.

More: Suzuki Stops Production of XL7 Crossover on AutoGuide.com

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear this, my 2003 XL-7 is a really fine machine. Guess I will be hanging onto it for a few more years. Suzuki moved the styling more to a boxy shaped SUV, I like the older style better.

Thanks for this news resource here at the forum, it's great!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts