Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi i was wonderin if anyone could help?! i have a suzuki sj410 and it has a HUGE problem, you have to have at least 2000 revs at ALL times or it will just stall/cut out? Please if you know of anythin that would be great?! thanks!!!! it also GUZZLES petrol like nothing youve ever seen before!!!! and when moving off you have to release the clutch slowly keeping revs at 2 - 2 1/2 or it will just slowly(ish) drop revs and cut out!!!!! please help becuase it is difficult to stop having to use all pedals (or alternatively use the choke)

it also COULD be running on three cylinders? there is also sort of oil EXPLOSION up the inside of the bonnet if that narrows it down?

WOOOOOOOO i fixed it, and this is gunna sound PATHETIC but the whole thing was becuz it didnt have any oil :\ how stupid.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few little extra details about it just incase this helps?? it is a G reg Suzuki Santana Sj410 samurai!! i think, its a convertable and i think has under 1000cc engine? pleaseee help solve this!!! becuase its such a shame to see it just rotting away!

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have had a 82 sj410 and when i got it it was running kinda like what your explaning. and what had happin to mine was it skipped a tooth on the timing belt witch made it just run horribly. check your timing. it also could be your float is stuck those side draft carbs were kinda finickey.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone got any other ideas???? :)!!! Gave it a go today, turned over and wouldnt start. Charged battery all night, but still it has other bigger problems such as the above!

·
Registered
20 Posts
does the carby have a fuel solinoid or idle solinoid that might be playing up. try taking out fuel mixture screw and blowing out hole with compressed air. sounds like idle jet is blocked and you have to run on the main jet all the time. hope this helps let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks both of you!!! but i have no car knowledge really, where will i find this idle mix screw?????? thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does the carby have a fuel solinoid or idle solinoid that might be playing up. try taking out fuel mixture screw and blowing out hole with compressed air. sounds like idle jet is blocked and you have to run on the main jet all the time. hope this helps let us know how you get on.
where is the idle mixture screw located???

thanks

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
You should start by doing a compression test to ensure that the engine is in good order then do a full service. Fuel filter, plugs, leads, dizzy cap and points, valve lash - all the regular stuff. Make sure that the ignition timing is correct and that the auto advance works correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine did the same thing itts a carb thing I think there is some electronic thing on the carb I believe to be the culprit

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a wierd cap looking thing on the top of the carburetor thats the air mixture screw you will need a hack saw to file a slot into the screw head its some cover to prevent adjustment just cut a slot for a flat head screwdriver

·
Registered
4 Posts
Replacement carb for SJ410 1.0 L

I have a pakistani versio of SJ410 (97- CC) Petrol engine, 4 cylinders but the carb was replaced by the previous owner which is shot now. I am wondering if somebody lnows a good replacement carb which wold not need too many modifications. The original frm Suzuki is too expensive

1 - 15 of 15 Posts