Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sierra was running very rough at low revs so removed EGR valve which was completely clogged with solid soot . Scraped out and cleaned with parts cleaner and cotton ball sticks . All debris removed - tested with vaccuum and light lube to plunger - works well . Yet to reinstall . Several pics of the cleaned part are attached . Pic 2 shows the cleaned part ready to reinstall .

·
Registered
686 Posts
Let us know if this clears up the rough running. Nice cleaning job there to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let us know if this clears up the rough running. Nice cleaning job there to.
Did not clear up the rough idle on start up . When the motor heats up it is running perfectly . The EGR valve is opening and closing perfectly . Any ideas of where to look next appreciated .

·
Registered
686 Posts
Let me preface this by saying that I'm weak on knowledge of the Samurai carb setup. When cold and idle is rough what is the idle speed? Was there cleaning that needed to be done to the ports to the EGR valve.

I would check choke operation and make sure all the vacuum lines are intact and snug. There are folks here that trump my knowledge of these carbs, I hope one of these kind and knowledgeable folks can pick up where I fall off haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts