Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
Car is Suzuki sierra 1995 1.3L sj413...Has had head gasket replaced, fitted a 32/36 EMPI carb, new spark plugs oils and fluids have been changed, car was running with new carb however had jumpy acceleration, called the company i got the carb off they said to adjust the idle speed the screw and idle mixture screw till the engine sounded good, did this then engine stopped and can not get it to start again.
Any Help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for replying um I was not aware that had to be done and I've got no idea how to go about it...tho the engine still would start again right?

·
Registered
150 Posts
A '95 came with EFI and a higher pressure electric fuel pump in the tank. Most likely you flooded out the plugs. Put a regulator in the feed line and reduce the pressure to about 2 lb. You will need to tee into the return line because the Weber doesn't have a return set up on it. Change plugs and see if that helps any. If it cranks don't run it long before you change the oil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought that the 95 had only a mechanical fuel pump?

Doe's anyone know a place in Newcastle (Australia, New south wales) that i can take it too, to get it fixed I've stuffed around with it for too long now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts