Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I have a red 1987 Suzuki Sierra SJ50 with raised tin roof, picked her up for a bargain and is currently my daily work horse.

Have started minimal clean up progress by stripping the old smelly interior & cleaned up the engine bay, planning to do a timing belt change this weekend as she has done just a little over 200,000kms.

She is in need of a little attention, as there is minor rust on the roof and i think the cv boots are on the way out as they are clunking when i steer left.

Looking to do a little body repair work and maybe a fresh coat of paint, would love a 1.6 in there one day also as currently a little underpowered for my liking.

This is my first 4WD and I love it, plan to do some amateur off roading in the near future also.

Any suggestions as to how I should start my project? Don't have the biggest bank roll however am keen to get hands dirty and learn along the way.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If you look for information on the Birfield Joint you may have better luck on finding the correct rebuild kit. Unless of course your SJ50 doesn't use Birfields. I'm assuming that it's the same as our SJ413.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts